More and more often I notice kids making the everyday decisions that parents once made. Decisions such as what is served for dinner, what groceries are purchased at the local market, what kind of beverages or snacks they consume throughout the day. I'm sure we've all seen the chubby kid stuffing a donut in their mouth, or the hyperactive child sitting at the table with a Mt. Dew in front of him or her. Are American parents still so ignorant that they don't know fat and sugar cause disease and death? Would they rather their children like them than be healthy and disciplined?
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure that when I became a parent, I took on the responsibility of raising a decent human being, not a spoiled, inconsiderate, disrespectful, temper tantrum throwing, uncontrollable, blameless child that our world is sadly being inandated with. Is it really that difficult to say no to the child that looks to you for guidance and knowlege, or to take the sugar loaded soda away that is known to cause diabetes?
Who thought it would be a good idea to throw parenting out the window? And why don't these people see what they are doing tho their kids in the long term? I think the saddest part is, I see more "educated" parents turning children into these monsters than those without a degree. It makes me wonder if higher education sucks the common sense right out of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment